Lithuanian Free Market Institute
|Lithuanian Free Market Institute|
|founded in the year||1990|
|address||3A Šeimyniškių St, LT-09312, Vilnius|
|founder||Kestutis Glaveckas, Nijole Žambaite, Petras Auštrevicius, Dainius Pupkevičius, Elena Leontjeva, Darius Mockus|
|number of employees||16|
|Networks||Stockholm Network, New Direction Foundation, Austerity politics, Think Tank, European Policy Information Center|
|Presence of Think Tank affiliates in the various fieldsWe try to capture where people affiliated with a Think Tank - affiliates are employees, members of the advisory and supervisory board etc. - are present: if they write in the media, teach in universities or work for another Think Tank. The chart down below shows in which fields the affiliates are present. Every presence is counted once.|
|People n = 25|
|Presences n = 73|
|<pPie size=330x200 Legend>
Think Tank,1 Business,17 Media,28 Politics,8 Academia,17 NGO,2 </pPie>
|Kind of activities of Think Tank affiliatesWe try to capture where people affiliated with a Think Tank - affiliates are employees, members of the advisory and supervisory board etc. - are present: if they write in the media, teach in universities or work for another Think Tank. The chart down below shows which kind of activities the affiliates conduct. Every presence is counted once.|
|<pPie size=330x200 Legend>
Author,24 Leader (CEO etc.),24 Consultant,3 Editor,3 Interviewee,0 Member,7 Participant,1 Lecturer,2 Employee,9 </pPie>
The following coordinate was not recognized: 54.6944464;25.2840634.The following coordinate was not recognized: 54.6944464;25.2840634. The Lithuanian Free Market Institute (LFMI)is a think tank advocating individual freedom and responsibility, a liberal market economy and lean government.
Organizational Structure and Funding
The LFMI consists of an administrative board with 12 members. Its staff is made up by 12 employees, including the president and two vice-presidents. For the year 2009 the LFMI collected its financial ressources via the following channels:
- 82% company donations
- 14% transfers from foundations
- 2% donataions by individuals and revenues from business activiites of the institute
For the year 2010 the LFMI collected its financial ressources via the following channels:
- 72 % corporate donations
- 23 % foundation donations
- 3 % individual donations
- 2 % comercial income
The biggest donating firms are listed down below.
3A Šeimyniškių St, LT-09312, Vilnius
People leading the Think Tank in the day to day business (CEOs, directorates etc.).
- Žilvinas Šilėnas (since 2011), President
- Edita Maslauskaitė, President
- Rūta Vainienė, Vice-president
People working for the Think Tank (Fellows etc.). This includes also part-time employees.
- Ramūnas Vilpišauskas, Associate political analyst
- Alminas Žaldokas, Associate political analyst
- Algirdas Degutis, Associate political analyst
- Vytautas Žukauskas, Political analyst
- Žilvinas Šilėnas, Senior political analyst
- Rūta Vainienė, Senior political analyst
- Emilis Ruželė, Political analyst
- Sigitas Groblys, Associate political analyst
- Adolfas Mackonis, Associate political analyst
- Laura Dabulyte, Communication director
- Kaetana Leontjeva, Political analyst
- Guoda Azguridienė, Associate political analyst
People advising the Think Tank (mainly in scientific questions)
Detailed funding activities
If possible we also list more detailed funding activities of Think Tanks. This includes funds they emit as well as funds they receive.
- http://www.teo.lt TEO.LT telecommunication, TV and IT-services
- http://www.lukoil.lt Lukoil Baltija (Golden Member)
- http://www.achemosgrupe.lt/ Koncernas Achemos grupė, an investment cooperation (Diamond Member)
- http://www.eurovaistine.lt/ Pharmaceuticals (Golden Member)
- http://lesto.lt AB LESTO (LESTO) is Lithuanian distribution network operator. The Company was established through reorganisation of the public limited liability distribution network companies Rytų Skirstomieji Tinklai (RST) and VST by means of merger (cited from: http://lesto.lt/en/about-us/727).
- http://mgbaltic.lt MG Baltic is an investment cooperation (Golden Member)
- http://www.pmi.com/eng/pages/homepage.aspx Phillip Morris (Diamond Member)
- http://www.alna.lt Alna Business Solutions, Verslo valdymo sprendimai ir konsultacijos / Enterprise Application Solutions (Diamond Member)
- http://www.privatimedicina.com Association of private healthcare institutions.
- http://www.netherlandsembassy.lt/ The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Cooperations with Think Tanks
Think Tanks that claim to cooperate with the Lithuanian Free Market Institute
While the section above shows Think Tanks the Lithuanian Free Market Institute claims to cooperate with, the list below shows Think Tanks that claim to cooperate with the Lithuanian Free Market Institute.
We used the DGs of the EU to generate a basic list of topics. This list is going to be steadily extended. However we try to preserve a persistent list of topics.
- Enterprise and Industry
- Financial Programming and the Budget
- International Trade/Globalization
- Political Movements, Parties, Thought
- Taxation and Customs Union, Audit and Anti-Fraud
- Economic and Monetary Affairs