Van Orden, Geoffrey
|Van Orden, Geoffrey|
|MEP for||Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists|
|Leading employee in||New Direction - The Foundation for European Reform|
|Topics||Foreign Affairs, Terrorism, Immigration, Energy|
Geoffrey Van Orden is a conservative Member of the European Parliament since 1999 and president of the think tank New Direction - The Foundation for European Reform.
Influence fields of Person
In this section we try to document where the person has which influence.
Leading employee in politics
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/AFET&language=EN/home.html (formerly), Vice-chairman of the Parliament's Foreign Affairs Committee
- http://www.conservatives.com/, Conservative Spokesman on Defence and Security
- http://www.euindiachambers.com/, Chairman of the EU-India Chamber of Commerce
Interviewed in media sphere
- http://www.slobodaiprosperitet.tv/, Croation TV channel "Sloboda i Prosperitet", interviewed by Jadranko Brkic
- http://www.bbc.co.uk, BBC
- http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk, The Telegraph
Membership in Think Tank sphere
Membership in the politics sphere
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/delegations/en/d-tr/home.html, Member of the Delegation to the EU-Turkey Joint Parliamentary Committee
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/sede/home.html, Member of the Defense Subcommittee
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/tran/home.html, Member of the Committee on Transport and Tourism
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/delegations/en/d-in/home.html, Member of the delegation for the relations with India
- http://europa.eu/pol/cfsp/index en.htm (1995-1999), Senior official in the European Commission for foreign and security policy issues
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/delegations/en/d-ir/home.html, Member of the delegation for the relations with Iran
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/delegations/de/dnat/home.html;jsessionid=6314E9AA150EAFB3AADFFCFECF246C74.node1, Member of the delegation for relations with the NATO PA
- http://ecrgroup.eu/, Co-founder and member of the European Conservatives & Reformists grou
Membership in the NGO sphere
- http://cfot.org.uk/, Member of "Conservative Friends of Turkey"
- http://www2.cfoi.co.uk/, Member of "Conservative Friends of Israel"
- http://www.countryside-alliance.org/ca/, Countryside Alliance
- http://www.cfofp.co.uk/index.php, Member of "Conservative Friends of Poland"
Notes on the influence fields
Often people are present in various fields, but there presence can't be connected to specific actors (e.g. it is often senseless to connect the media presence of politicians to particular newspapers). We use this section to document these unspecific, but nonetheless important presences.
Geoffrey Van Orden is the founder of the Friends of India group in the European Parliament and chairs the Friends of Sri Lanka Group. During the accession process of Bulgaria, Van Orden was the rapporteur in the European Parliament. In his finanal report he concluded Bulgaria was prepared for accession.