Eppink, Derk Jan
|Eppink, Derk Jan|
|MEP for||Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists|
|Leading employee in||New Direction - The Foundation for European Reform|
Derk Jan Eppink is vice-president and director of New Direction - The Foundation for European Reform. Since 2009 he is Member of the European Parliament.
Influence fields of Person
In this section we try to document where the person has which influence.
Author in the media sphere
- http://www.elsevier.nl/, Columnist for the Dutch weekly "Elsevier"
- http://www.knack.be/nieuws/ (formerly), Correspondent for the the Flemish magazines "Knack" and "Trends" in the US
- http://www.djeppink.eu/en/publications, blog-like entries on his own homepage
- http://www.nrc.nl/, NRC Handelsblad, journalist on Southern Africa, later correspondent in Poland and Czechoslovakia
Editor in the media
- http://www.standaard.be/, Flemish newspaper "De Standaard", political editor in Belgian politics
- http://www.nrc.nl/, Political editor of NRC Handelsblad
Interviewed in media sphere
- http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/2012, The Brussels Journal
- http://weblogs.nos.nl/methetoogopmorgen/, Dutch radio channel "NOS Met het Oog op Morgen"
- http://www.tros.nl/overdetros/, Dutch radio and TV channel "Tros Aktua-TV"
- http://www.business-class.nl/, Dutch TV channel "RTL Business Class"
- http://www.vrt.be/, Flemish radio and TV channel VRT
Membership in the politics sphere
- http://www.ldd.be/, MEP for the Flemish party "Lijst Dedecker"
- http://ecrgroup.eu/, European Conservatives and Reformists Group
Participation in Think Tank sphere
- Nova Civitas (2007), 2006 Liberty Price winner
Employee in politics sphere
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/ (formerly)
- http://ec.europa.eu/internal market/index en.htm (1999-2004), Employee of the Dutch European Commissioner for Internal Markets Frits Bolkestein
- http://ec.europa.eu/index en.htm (formerly)
- http://ec.europa.eu/index en.htm (2004-2007), Employee of the Estonian Commissioner Siim Kallas for Administration, Audit and Anti-fraud
Lecturer in academia sphere
- http://www.roac.nl/roac/ (April 2007), University College Roosevelt Academy
Notes on the influence fields
Often people are present in various fields, but there presence can't be connected to specific actors (e.g. it is often senseless to connect the media presence of politicians to particular newspapers). We use this section to document these unspecific, but nonetheless important presences.
Between 2007 and 2009 Eppink worked as a journalist for Dutch and Beligian newspapers in the United States.
- Strange Neighbours (1998),book on the political and cultural differences between the Netherlands and Belgium
- Life of a European Mandarin, book on daily life of EU officials
- Bonfire of Bureaucracy, book on the dangers of autonomous growth of EU officialdom