Deutsche Bank Research
|Deutsche Bank Research|
|City||Frankfurt am Main|
|address||Taunusanlage 12 60325 Frankfurt am Main|
|founder||Deutsche Bank AG|
|Virtual Networks A "Virtual Network" is a group of Think Tanks identified by certain semantic and normative (ideological) commonalities (e.g. climate change scepticism). Such a virtual network constitutes a research field that differs from the study of formal networks. Formal networks are real in the sense of officially acknowledged and immediately open to empirical validation. Virtual networks on the other hand display shared ideas. Social network analysis tools can be applied to find out if or to what extent virtual networks are real networks that display linkages (membership in networks, personnel, resources etc.). Unconnected think tanks in turn can be considered special cases in need of explanation independent from network structures (unless we have to assume invisible, hidden or covered ties).||Austerity politics|
The following coordinate was not recognized: 50.113804;8.668292.The following coordinate was not recognized: 50.113804;8.668292.
Organizational Structure and Funding
Management plus Four Strategic Research Teams:
1. Banking, Financial Markets, Regulation 2. Sectors, Technology, Resources 3. Macroeconomics 4. European Policy Research
Taunusanlage 12 60325 Frankfurt am Main
People leading the Think Tank in the day to day business (CEOs, directorates etc.).
- John Cryan, Management Board/Chief Executive Officer
- Werner Steinmüller, Management Board/Chief Executive Officer Asia Pacific
- Christian Sewing, Management Board/Head of Private, Wealth and Commercial Clients
- Stefan Schneider, Team Macroeconomics/Head
- Garth Ritchie, Management Board/Head of Global Markets
- Karl von Rohr, Management Board/Chief Administrative Officer
- Stuart Lewis, Management Board/Chief Risk Officer
- Sylvie Matherat, Management Board/Chief Regulatory Officer
- Jan Schildbach, Team Banking,Financial Markets and Regulation/Head
- Nicolas Moreau, Management Board/Head of Deutsche Asset Management
- Stefan Scheider, Head of Strategic Research/Chief German Economist
- Jeffrey Urwin, Management Board/Head of Corporate and Investment Banking
- Marcus Schenck, Management Board/Chief Financial Officer
- Barbara Böttcher, Team European Policy Research/Head
- Kim Hammonds, Management Board/Chief Operating Officer
People working for the Think Tank (Fellows etc.). This includes also part-time employees.
- Manuela Peter, Team Macroeconomics/Office
People supervising the Think Tank (mainly in economic questions).
Experts are not permanently employed at the Think Tank. They are paid for contract research when their expertise is needed. Some Think Tanks call a database of hundred or even more experts their own.
- Orcun Kaya, Team Banking, Financial Markets and Regulation/Analysts
- Patricia Wruuck, Team European Policy Research/Analyst/European policy, EMU, intitutional affairs
- Matthias Mikosek, Team Banking, Financial Markets and Regulation/Topics Banking Markets, financial market institutions, retail banking
- Jochen Möbert, Team Makroökonomie/Analyst/Immobilien, Ökonometrie, Deutschland, Japan
- Oliver Rakau, Team Makroökonomie/Analyst/Einkommen, Konsum, Ausrüstungsinvestitionen, Deutschland, Euroraum
- Dieter Bräuninger, Team European Policy Research/Analyst/General Economic Policy
- Iris Rose, Team Banking, Financial Markets and Regulation/Office
- Heike Mai, Team Banking, Financial Markets and Regulation/Topics Payments, shadow banking
- Heiko Peters, Team Makroökonomie/Analyst/Außenhandel, Argbeitsmarkt, Ökonometrie, Deutschland, Euroraum
Working mode, goals
Mission: "Deutsche Bank Research is responsible for macroeconomic analysis within Deutsche Bank Group and acts as consultant for the bank, its clients and stakeholders. We analyse relevant trends for the bank in financial markets, the economy and society and highlight risks and opportunities. DB Research delivers high-quality, independent analysis and actively promotes public debate on economic, fiscal, labour market and social policy issues.
We have focused our research on the following topics - Macroeconomic analysis and analysis of growth trends in Germany, - Economic policy issues in Germany and Europe, - Global research on the financial sector and its regulation, and - Natural resources - risks and opportunities, ensuring future supply."
We used the DGs of the EU to generate a basic list of topics. This list is going to be steadily extended. However we try to preserve a persistent list of topics.
- Financial Programming and Budget
- Financial Policy
- Research, Innovation and Science
- Economic Policy
- European Integration