|MEP for||Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists|
|Topics||Nuclear Energy, Energy Efficieny|
Giles Chichester is a British politician of the Conservative Party and since 1994 Member of the European Parliament. He was chairman of Conservative Enterprise Europe (CEE) between 1999 and 2004 and founder chairman of Enterprise First Europe (EFE) 2000-04, both of which ceased tp exist. Between 2001 and 2004 Chichester was first Vice-President of Ciel et Espace (Aerospace).
In this section we list interesting things that still have to be researched further, or that do not fit into the other sections.
In 2008, Chichester made the news over expenses irregularities. List of Chichechester's lobbying contacts
Influence fields of Person
In this section we try to document where the person has which influence.
Leading employee in politics
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/delegations/en/dpap/home.html, Vice-Chairman of the Delegation for relations with the Pan-African Parliament
Leading employee in the NGO sphere
- http://www.europeanenergyforum.eu/ (1994-present), Vice-president (1994-2004) and president (2004-present) of the European Energy Forum
Author in the media sphere
- http://www.mediauk.com/newspapers/13734/western-daily-press, Chicester got involved in a debate about wind energy vs nuclear energy in local papers in the South West
Membership in the politics sphere
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/delegations/en/danz/home.html, Substitute of the Substitute Delegation for relations with Australia and New Zealand
- http://www.pges.org.uk/, Member of the executive council of the Parliamentary Group for Energy Studies
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/delegations/en/d-za/home.html, Member of the Delegation for relations with South Africa
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/peti/home.html, Member of the Committee on Petitions
- http://ecrgroup.eu/, spokesman for ECR on energy, industry and research
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/ITRE/home.html, Member of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy
Employee in business sphere
- http://www.ilondon.co.uk/profile/669684/Whitehall/Francis-Chichester-Ltd/, Francis Chichester Ltd (publishers of maps, guides & educational wallcharts)
Notes on the influence fields
Often people are present in various fields, but there presence can't be connected to specific actors (e.g. it is often senseless to connect the media presence of politicians to particular newspapers). We use this section to document these unspecific, but nonetheless important presences.
- Living with Nuclear Energy
- SESAME (opening doors for small businesses)
- In Praise of Nuclear Energy and Sustainable Secure Energy