CEVRO Liberal Conservative Academy
|CEVRO Liberal Conservative Academy|
|founded in the year||1999|
|number of employees||12|
|Networks||New Direction Foundation, European Ideas Network (EIN), European Network of Political Foundations (ENOP)|
|Presence of Think Tank affiliates in the various fieldsWe try to capture where people affiliated with a Think Tank - affiliates are employees, members of the advisory and supervisory board etc. - are present: if they write in the media, teach in universities or work for another Think Tank. The chart down below shows in which fields the affiliates are present. Every presence is counted once.|
|People n = 15|
|Presences n = 36|
|<pPie size=330x200 Legend>
Think Tank,1 Business,2 Media,0 Politics,28 Academia,2 NGO,3 </pPie>
|Kind of activities of Think Tank affiliatesWe try to capture where people affiliated with a Think Tank - affiliates are employees, members of the advisory and supervisory board etc. - are present: if they write in the media, teach in universities or work for another Think Tank. The chart down below shows which kind of activities the affiliates conduct. Every presence is counted once.|
|<pPie size=330x200 Legend>
Author,0 Leader (CEO etc.),24 Consultant,1 Editor,0 Interviewee,0 Member,10 Participant,0 Lecturer,0 Employee,1 </pPie>
The following coordinate was not recognized: 50.088611;14.421389.The following coordinate was not recognized: 50.088611;14.421389. CEVRO is an institution for political education which tries to spread conservative thinking. It is closely linked to the CEVRO Institute.
Organizational Structure and Funding
CEVRO has five leading managers, three supervisory board members and seven staff members.
People leading the Think Tank in the day to day business (CEOs, directorates etc.).
- Jiří Frgal, vice-chair of the governing board and head of the department of applied disciplines
- Jan Zahradil, Member of the governing board
- Ivan Langer, Chairman of the governing board
- Jiří Kozák (since 2009), Director
- Ladislav Mrklas (until 2009), Director and vice-chair of the governing board
- Václav Mencl, Member of the governing board
- Zbynek Klic (formerly), Executive editor of CEVRO Revue
People working for the Think Tank (Fellows etc.). This includes also part-time employees.
- Soňa Sklenárová, Project manager
- Petr Sokol, Editor in chief of CEVRO Revue
- Jiří Kozák, project manager
- Marek Buchta, Coordinator of the political marketing team
- Lucie Litomiská, Project manager and cordinator of the Liberal-Conservative Academy
- Ladislav Mrklas, Program advisor
People supervising the Think Tank (mainly in economic questions).
- Petr Bendl (formerly), Member of the supervisory board
- Oldřich Vlasák (since 2011), Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Jaroslav Salivar, Member of the supervisory board and director of the Centre for Security Studies at the CEVRO Institut
- Roman Brnčal, Member of the supervisory board
Working mode, goals
CEVRO offers political education through public events and publications, the latter including the CEVRO Revue. They run an internet page on elections and political parties. Furthermore,the acadamy organizes several study programmes.
Cooperations with Think Tanks
- New Direction - The Foundation for European Reform
- European Network of Political Foundations
- European Ideas Network (EIN)
- European Network of Political Foundation (ENoP)
- International Republican Institute
- Századvég Foundation
- Center for Civic Education (CREO)
- Fundacion para el analisis y los estudios sociales (FAES)
- Liberalni Institute
- CEVRO Institute
- Hanns Seidel Stiftung
- Konrad Adenauer Stiftung
- Centre for the Study of Democracy and Culture
- Civic Institute
Think Tanks that claim to cooperate with the CEVRO Liberal Conservative Academy
While the section above shows Think Tanks the CEVRO Liberal Conservative Academy claims to cooperate with, the list below shows Think Tanks that claim to cooperate with the CEVRO Liberal Conservative Academy.
Cooperations with Non-Think Tanks
We used the DGs of the EU to generate a basic list of topics. This list is going to be steadily extended. However we try to preserve a persistent list of topics.
- Foreign and Security Policy
- European Integration
- home affairs