|MEP for||Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists|
|Topics||Foreign Affairs, Tourism|
Sir Robert Atkins is a British politician of the Conservative Party and since 1999 Member of the European Parliament. He was Member of Parliament for the constituency Preston North (1979—1983) and for South Ribble (1983—1997). Atkins held various positions as Minister of State, the last one between 1994-1995 as Minister of State, Department of the Environment.
In this section we list interesting things that still have to be researched further, or that do not fit into the other sections.
In 2008, Atkins was criticised due to him using parliamentary financial resosources for private trips. Atkins has announed to retire in 2014.
Influence fields of Person
In this section we try to document where the person has which influence.
Leading employee in politics
- http://www.defra.gov.uk/ (1994-1995), Minister of State, Department of the Environment
Membership in the politics sphere
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/delegations/en/d-us/home.html, Member of the Delegation for relations with the United States
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/tran/home.html, Member of the Committee for Transport and Tourism
- http://www.conservatives.com, Conservative party
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/delegations/en/dplc/home.html, Delegation for Relations with the Palestinian Legislative Council
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/delegations/en/dplc/home.html, Member of the Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Union for the Mediterranean
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/afet/home.html, Member of the Committee for Foreign Affairs of the European Parliament