Smith, Vernon L.
|Smith, Vernon L.|
|Leading employee in||Hayek Institute, International Foundation for Research in Experimental Economics, Mercatus Center, Public Choice Society|
|Staff member in||Cato Institute|
|Member in||Mont Pelerin Society|
|Advisory Board member in||Austrian Economics Center, ESEADE, Institute of Economic Affairs|
Vernon L. Smith is a member of the advisory board of the Austrian Economics Center. He was awarded the 2002 Nobel laureate in economics.
In this section we list interesting things that still have to be researched further, or that do not fit into the other sections.
CV of Vernon L. Smith, including a list of publications.
Influence fields of Person
In this section we try to document where the person has which influence.
Leading employee in academia
- http://www.apee.org/ (formerly), Association for Private Enterprise Education
- http://www.econlab.arizona.edu/ (1986-2001), Research director, Economic Science Laboratory
- http://www.weai.org/about.html (1988-1991), Vice-president, president elect and president, Western Economic Association
- http://www.aeaweb.org/rfe/showRes.php?rfe id=904&cat id=44 (since 1998), Member of the Board of Directors, Political Economy Research Center
Editor in the Think Tank sphere
- Cato Institute (1985), Associate editor of the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization
- Cato Institute (1983), Member of the editorial board of The Cato Journal
Editor in academia
- http://www.journals.elsevier.com/games-and-economic-behavior/, Games and Behavior
- http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/11166, Journal of Risk and Uncertainty
- http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rjec20/current, Journal of Economic Methodology
- http://www.aeaweb.org/aer/ (1969-1972), American Economic Review
- http://www.springer.com (1992), Member of the editorial board, Economic Theory
- http://www.sciencemag.org/ (1988-1991), Board of Reviewing Editors of the journal "Science"
- http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rjec20/current (1995), Member of the editorial board of the Journal of Economic Methodology
Membership in the academia sphere
- http://www.amacad.org/ (1991), Fellow, American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- http://www.econometricsociety.org/ (1988), Fellow, Econometric Society
- http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/ (1974-1975), Member of the advisory council of the Institute of Marine Resources, University of California
- http://www.nasonline.org/ (since 1995), National Academy of Science
- http://www.aaas.org/ (1990), Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- http://www.casbs.org/ (1972-1973), Fellow, Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences
Membership in the NGO sphere
- http://www.fordfoundation.org (1958-1959), Faculty Research Fellow, Ford Foundation
Employee in business sphere
- http://www.rand.org/ (1957-1959), Research Consultant
Employee in academia sphere
- http://www.chapman.edu/ (since 2008), Professor of Economics and Law, Chapman University
- http://weblaw.usc.edu/centers/cslp/ (1974-1975), Visiting professsor
- http://www.umass.edu/ (1968-1975), Professor of Economics, University of Massachusetts
- http://www.arizona.edu/ (1975-2001), Professor of Economics, University of Arizona
- http://www.stanford.edu/ (1961-1962), Visiting professor, Stanford University
- http://www.ku.edu/ (1951-1952), University of Kansas
- http://www.brown.edu/ (1967-1968), Professor of Economics, Brown University
- http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/ (since 2003), Visiting Rasmuson Chair in Economics, University of Alaska-Anchorage
- http://www.purdue.edu/ (1955-1967), Purdue University
- http://www.gmu.edu/ (2001-2008), Professor of Economics and Law, George Manson University