McQuillan, Lawrence J.
|McQuillan, Lawrence J.|
|Staff member in||Hoover Institution|
|Advisory Board member in||Adriatic Institute for Public Policy|
|Alma mater||George Mason University,|
Lawrence J. McQuillan was a Senior Adviser to Leadership and Executive Advisory Board of the Adriatic Institute for Public Policy.
Influence fields of Person
In this section we try to document where the person has which influence.
Author in the media sphere
- http://Washington Times, Washington Times
- http://www.usatoday.com/, USA Today
- http://www.latimes.com/, Los Angeles Times
- http://www.sfgate.com/, San Francisco Chronicle
- http://www.weeklystandard.com/, Weekly Standard
- http://www.suntimes.com/, Chicago Sun-Times
- http://www.nytimes.com/, New York Times
- http://www.forbes.com/, coauthor of the U.S. Economic Freedom Index, published with Forbes
- http://www.investors.com, Investor’s Business Daily
- http://online.wsj.com/, Wall Street Journal
- http://www.nydailynews.com/, New York Daily News
Consultant in the politics sphere
- http://republican.assembly.ca.gov/ (November 2008), director of policy for the Assembly Republican Caucus, on a flat income tax for California
- http://gov.ca.gov/, Advisor to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on the introduction of a constitutional spending limit for California
Interviewed in media sphere
- http://www.nbcnews.com/, NBC news
- http://www.cnn.com/, CNN
- http://www.cnbc.com/, CNBC
Membership in the NGO sphere
- http://www.alec.org/ (2009), Member of the Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC)
Notes on the influence fields
Often people are present in various fields, but there presence can't be connected to specific actors (e.g. it is often senseless to connect the media presence of politicians to particular newspapers). We use this section to document these unspecific, but nonetheless important presences.
McQuillan works as a consultant for lawmakers and advocacy groups. He founded the California Golden Fleece Awards. From 1993 until 1997, McQuillan fopunded the newsletter "Economic Issues" and served as publisher and contributing editor. =Main Publications:= (list not complete)
- An Empire Disaster: Why New York’s Tort System Is Broken and How to Fix It. San
Francisco: Pacific Research Institute, 2009.
- Tort Law Tally: How State Tort Reforms Affect Tort Losses and Tort Insurance
Premiums. Authored with Nicole V. Crain, W. Mark Crain, and Hovannes Abramyan. San Francisco: Pacific Research Institute, 2009.
- U.S. Economic Freedom Index: 2008 Report. Authored with Michael T. Maloney, Eric
Daniels, and Brent M. Eastwood. San Francisco: Pacific Research Institute in association with Forbes, 2008.
- U.S. Tort Liability Index: 2008 Report. Authored with Hovannes Abramyan. San
Francisco: Pacific Research Institute, 2008.
- Jackpot Justice: The True Cost of America’s Tort System. Authored with Hovannes
Abramyan and Anthony P. Archie. San Francisco: Pacific Research Institute, 2007.
- U.S. Tort Liability Index: 2006 Report. Authored with Hovannes Abramyan. San
Francisco: Pacific Research Institute, 2006.
- U.S. Economic Freedom Index: 2004 Report. Authored with Ying Huang and Robert E.
McCormick. San Francisco: Pacific Research Institute in association with Forbes, 2004.