|MEP for||Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists|
|(Other) employerNot all of the people we document here at TTNI are employed at the Think Tank: typically members of advisory boards for example wont get paid. The term (Other) employer is therefore a bit misleading.||Jagiellonian University in Kraków|
|Subject of study||Philosophy|
|Topics||Political Thought, Education, Human Rights|
Legutko is currently MEP for Law and Justice.
Influence fields of Person
In this section we try to document where the person has which influence.
Leading employee in Think Tank
- Centre for Political Thought (1992-2005), Co-founder of the Centre for Political Thought in 1992; its Chairman until 2005
Leading employee in politics
- http://www.ecrgroup.eu, Deputy Chairman of the Conservatives and Reformists
- http://www.men.gov.pl/ (2007), Education Minister
- http://www.premier.gov.pl/en/ (2007-2009), Secretary of State in the Chancellery of President Lech Kaczyński (responsible for science, culture and national heritage)
Author in the media sphere
- http://gpcodziennie.pl/ (1990s), Gazeta Polska Codiennie
- http://www.wprost.pl/ (1990s), Wprost
- http://www.panstwo.net/ (1990s), Nowe Państwo
- http://www.naszdziennik.pl/ (1990s), Nasz Dziennik
- http://www.rp.pl/ (1990s), Rzeczpospolita
- http://www.criticalreview.com/ (1990s), Critical Review
Membership in the politics sphere
- http://www.pis.org.pl/2012.php, Law and Justice Party
- http://www.senat.gov.pl/en/ (2005), Elected to a seat in the Polish Senate (representing the Law and Justice Party), where he became Deputy Speaker
Lecturer in academia sphere
- http://www.wse.krakow.pl/en/, Lecturer at Tischner European University
- http://www.ci.edu.pl/, Fellow of Collegium Invisibile as a professor of philosophy
Notes on the influence fields
Often people are present in various fields, but there presence can't be connected to specific actors (e.g. it is often senseless to connect the media presence of politicians to particular newspapers). We use this section to document these unspecific, but nonetheless important presences.
- During communism Legutko was editor of the self-publication "Arka".
- He is president of the Bord in the Foundation for Polish-German Reconciliation.
- He used to be an opposition activist under communism.