|MEP for||Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists|
|Subject of study||Law|
|Topics||Aerospace, Tourism, Transport|
Timorthy Kirkhope is a British politician and since 1999 Member of the European Parliament.
In this section we list interesting things that still have to be researched further, or that do not fit into the other sections.
- Krikhope pushed for a referendum on Europe’s Lisbon Treaty. He was his defeated by a Polish colleague to head ECR group.
- Matthew Elliot, a former researcher to Kirkhope, set up the influential Taxpayers’ Alliance in 2003. The TPA is strongly pro-Israel and thinks that British taxes should not be spent to fund pro-Palestinian causes. Kirkhope is director of Conservative Friends of Israel.
Influence fields of Person
In this section we try to document where the person has which influence.
Leading employee in corporation
Leading employee in politics
- http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/ (1995-1997), Under-Secretary of State at the Home Office
- http://ecrgroup.eu/, Spokesman on Transport and Tourism ECR
Leading employee in the NGO sphere
- http://www2.cfoi.co.uk/, Chairman of the Conservative Friends of Israel
Membership in the politics sphere
- http://www.conservatives.com, Member of the Conservative Party
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/crim/home.html, Special committee on organised crime, corruption and money laundering
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/delegations/en/d-us/home.html, Delegation for relations with the United States
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/libe/home.html, Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs
- http://www.parliament.uk/ (1987-1997), Member of the British Parliament