Fundacion para el Analisis y los Estudios Sociales (FAES)
|Fundacion para el Analisis y los Estudios Sociales (FAES)|
|founded in the year||1989|
|address||Calle María de Molina 40 - 6a planta 28006 Madrid|
|Networks||Stockholm Network, Latinoamerica Libre, European Ideas Network (EIN), Center for European Studies (CES), European Network of Political Foundations (ENOP), FIL|
|Virtual Networks A "Virtual Network" is a group of Think Tanks identified by certain semantic and normative (ideological) commonalities (e.g. climate change scepticism). Such a virtual network constitutes a research field that differs from the study of formal networks. Formal networks are real in the sense of officially acknowledged and immediately open to empirical validation. Virtual networks on the other hand display shared ideas. Social network analysis tools can be applied to find out if or to what extent virtual networks are real networks that display linkages (membership in networks, personnel, resources etc.). Unconnected think tanks in turn can be considered special cases in need of explanation independent from network structures (unless we have to assume invisible, hidden or covered ties).||Climate Change Skeptics, Austerity politics|
The following coordinate was not recognized: 40.437173;-3.682887.The following coordinate was not recognized: 40.437173;-3.682887.
The FAES is the greatest spanish party foundation and think tank with close ties with the Partido Popular, Spain's conservative party.
Organizational Structure and Funding
Calle María de Molina 40 - 6a planta 28006 Madrid
People leading the Think Tank in the day to day business (CEOs, directorates etc.).
People working for the Think Tank (Fellows etc.). This includes also part-time employees.
People supervising the Think Tank (mainly in economic questions).
We used the DGs of the EU to generate a basic list of topics. This list is going to be steadily extended. However we try to preserve a persistent list of topics.
- Foreign and Security Policy
- Institutional Reform/Public Services
- Justice and fundamental rights
- Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- European Integration
- Education, Culture, Multilingualism and Youth
- Health and Consumer Policy
- Environment/Climate Action
- Political Movements, Parties, Thought
- Taxation and Customs Union, Audit and Anti-Fraud
- Economic and Monetary Affairs
- Contemporary History/Politics of History, Theory, Clash of Ideas
What we call here a semantic field is the idea to categorize think tanks in a two level system. The first levels are so called 'Virtual Networks' and the second are the semantic fields. Accordingly every semantic field entered here has to be attached to a virtual network. If you would like to follow a special phenomenon among think tanks please contact us and we are going to add a new virtual network. Semantic fields are topics that promote a virtual network. Lets take climate change as an example: 'climate change skeptics' is the virtual network and 'adaption instead of mitigation' would be one possible semantic field.
- Dismissal of anthropogenic climate change (Climate Change Skeptics): formerly acc-skeptical: Spain 's ex -prime minister blasts 'new religion ' of climate change October 23, 2008 <http://anhonestclimatedebate.wordpress.com/2008/10/23/spains-ex-prime-minister-blasts-new-religion-of-climate-change/>}, FAES published the Spanish edition of the skeptical climate book Blue Planet in Green Shackles : What Is Endangered: Climate or Freedom? authored by Vaclav Klaus, presented together by Aznar and Klaus. However FAES replied to a report in El Pais about Aznar's climate skeptic positions and distanced itself from Klaus' positions and demarcated Aznar's view as not identical with Klaus': " ... Como no podia ser de otra manera , el pensamiento vertido en el libro Planeta Azul (no verde) , pertenece en exclusiva a su autor y no a José María Aznar, tal y como publica su periódico , en un lamentable ejercicio de manipulación ..." <http://www.fundacionfaes.org/es/prensa/43640/rectificacion_a_-lt-i-gt-el_pais-lt-i-gt > . FAES published in the years 10 to 13 two studies on Spanish energy policy - Propuestas para una estrategia energética nacional 2013 octubre, 2013, Director: Miguel Marín, 259 pp., the role of renewable energy in a sustainable energy system is recognized, their promotion shall take place under economic and energy efficiency aspects. The treatment of the EE is embedded in a energy strategy directed by security of supply (in respect to the particular national interests of Spain), economic efficiency and environmental compatibility (this order). Keyfigures: Aznar, José Maria
- Tax Reduction (Austerity Politics): the deficit crisis has to be resolved through budget cuts and the economic activity stired by tax reduction