|MEP for||Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists|
|Topics||Monetary Policy, Industry, Economic Policy|
Vicky Ford is a British politician of the Conservative Party and since 2009 Member of the European Parliament. Prior to becoming involved in politics, Vicky was a managing director of a major international bank. Ford has been the rapporteur for the Parliament on offshore oil and gas safety and the fiscal framework directive which seeks to increase transparency and accountability of public spending. Vicky Ford opposes the regulation of mortage markets
Influence fields of Person
In this section we try to document where the person has which influence.
Interviewed in media sphere
- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/, The Sunday Telegraph on bonus caps and banking regulation
Membership in the politics sphere
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/delegations/en/d-in/home.html, Substitute of the Delegation for relations with India
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/envi/home.html, Substitute of the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/ITRE/home.html, Conservative spokesperson of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/econ/home.html, Member and between 2009-2011 spokesperson of the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/delegations/en/dacp/home.html, Member of the Delegation to the ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly
Employee in business sphere
- http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/jpmorgan (1989-2003), J.P. Morgan
Notes on the influence fields
Often people are present in various fields, but there presence can't be connected to specific actors (e.g. it is often senseless to connect the media presence of politicians to particular newspapers). We use this section to document these unspecific, but nonetheless important presences.
In 2011, Ford supported the report "Ending Excess" by New Direction - The Foundation for European Reform.