|MEP for||Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists|
Richard Ashworth is a British politician and since 2004 Member of the European Parliament. He unsucesefully ran for office for the EU parliamentary elections in 1999 and he stood as candidate of the Conservative Party for North Devon Westminster constituency in the 1997 general elections.
In this section we list interesting things that still have to be researched further, or that do not fit into the other sections.
He is a self-declared euroskeptic and has critizised the EU regulation on flying the EU flag outside government buildings.
Influence fields of Person
In this section we try to document where the person has which influence.
Leading employee in corporation
- http://www.nfuonline.com/ (formerly), Chairman of NFU (National Farmers Union)
Interviewed in media sphere
- http://www.dailymail.co.uk, The Daily Mail
- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/, The Daily Telegraph
- http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/, The Times
Membership in the politics sphere
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/agri/home.html, Member of the Committee on Agricultural and Rural Development
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/budg/home.html, Spokesman of the European Parliament Budget Committee
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/intcoop/acp/10 01/default en.htm, Member of the Delegation to the ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly
- http://ecrgroup.eu/, Coordinator of the ECR Group
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/delegations/de/danz/home.html, Member of the Delegation for relations with Australia and New Zealand
Lecturer in Think Tank sphere
Lecturer in NGO sphere
- http://www.europeanmovement.eu/, European Movement